Baseball Nutrition: How to Hit a Homerun!
Jenna is a Registered/Licensed Dietitian and Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics. She has worked with many athletes from grade-school age to professional. Before leaving California, she was the Team Sports Dietitian for UCLA Athletics; sports nutritionist for Athletes’ Performance. Jenna received her undergraduate degree in Foods & Nutrition from Cal Poly Pomona and Master’s of Science in Human Movement at A.T. Still University, with an emphasis in sports conditioning. Growing up around baseball with a father and uncles who played and practically learning to keep score before she could read—you can say baseball is in Jenna’s blood. Watching a great game or playing over-the-line on a warm summer day are some of her favorite past-times.
In this podcast you will learn:
- When Jenna first discovered a love for baseball?
- The nutritional challenges she sees for baseball players, especially pro athletes who have a long season?
- If there is any nutritional value to the Sunflower Seed, a popular item, seen in dugouts across the US?
- Nutrition principles a baseball player should consider to help elevate his performance?
- Nutrition strategies baseball players can implement to reach their weight or strength goals?
- The common mistakes young athletes make when trying to decide what to eat between games
- How players can better prepare to fuel their body during a tournament?
- How steroids are a bad influence on young athletes and how does she educate young athletes on using food as their most effective tool to packing on muscle?
- Her new great eBook on Performance Nutrition for Baseball Players: Gain the Advantage.
- The topics that she discusses in the Ebook?
- Where you can purchase Jenna’s eBook?
Links and Resources Discussed in This Episode
Other Related Resources
- Top 3 Nutritional Essentials of Baseball Performance: Blog Article
- Performance Nutrition for Baseball Players: Course
- Individual Sports Dietitian Consultation with Jenna Corbin
- Meal Plan Guides for Athletes: Calculate Your Calorie Needs
- What’s Cooking in Sports Nutrition: Recipes for Athletes: Podcast