Grocery Shopping on a Budget for Athletes
Grocery shopping on a budget is a challenge? Christine Turpin has some great advice on how to do both. Christine Turpin is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian and strength and conditioning specialist. She is a certified health fitness specialist and personal trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine. A certified spinning instructor she owns Nourish 2 Perform, a nutrition and fitness consulting company in the Annapolis-Baltimore region. Christine’s clients with Nourish 2 Perform include Stevenson University, Fairfax County Criminal Justice Department, 368 Athletics and Athletic Performance Inc. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Dietetics from the University of Maryland and received her bachelor’s degree in Adult Health (Kinesiology) from Bloomsburg University. Christine grew up playing sports and was a competitive athlete. She played collegiate field hockey, was an All-American field hockey player and part of a National Championship team at Bloomsburg University! Christine continues to stay fit and strong through competitive running and cycling events and throwing around weights at the gym. In her spare time you can find her kayaking on the bay with her husband, sailing and water skiing and hanging out with family and good friends.
In this podcast you will learn:
- Tips to help athletes learn how to shop smart
- Is it beneficial to go to the grocery with a list and does it save you money
- If there a difference in quality and nutritional value between store and named brand products
- If there’s an advantage for athletes to eat organic foods and is there any research that Christine’s aware of that eating organic will improve health and performance
- Is Eating Healthy more expensive than eating foods with less nutritional value
- Inexpensive foods athletes can purchase that can be included as part of a healthy and well balanced diet.
- Inexpensive higher calorie options to include on the grocery list options that can be part of a balanced diet, especially for athletes looking to gain weight
- The world of EXTREME COUPONING and should athletes consider using coupons if they can find a deal or is this too time consuming and not worth the time and effort
- Phone apps people can use that makes shopping easier
- Her new eBook titled Grocery Shopping on a Budget: Save Time and Money.
- Topics she discusses in the Ebook?
Links and Resources Discussed in This Episode
Other Related Resources
- Grocery Shopping List for Athletes: Podcast
- Grocery Shopping on a Budget for Athletes: eBook
- Optimal Performance Starts at the Grocery Store: Blog Article
- 3 Simple Trick for Athlete to Eat on a Budget: Blog Article
- Meal Plan Guides for Athletes: Calculate Your Calorie Needs